Tuesday, August 18, 2009

the door has been found


What a relief! All welcome.

On the mood monitor?

Here is another pic from my daughter's collection.

Yes it's me again, seen through the loving eyes of my Kid.
Mind you, since then I had some remedial dental work done, thank God.
And here is another reflection - technology.
We may dislike the invasion of computers into our lifes, but sooner or later we embrace it, simply because it makes the world so much more accessible. Hence the blogging!
Twenty years ago I happened to live and work in Libya for a while, in Tobruk. This was like living in a place so remote in terms of times and space, that we all had very little idea about the life on the ouside, in the civilised world.
In the whole city of Tobruk there was one single post, from which a few privileged people could access other coutries, communicate with distant families, be briefed on some urgent business matters.
This was the TELEX office. Does anybody even remember such "ancient" times, a bit more than 20 years ago?
Not to mention, that at that time the idea of a little video screen added to a telephone was a science-fiction stuff.
Well, all this certainly shows my age. But - who cares?
That's my lot for now. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment